Tuesday 31 January 2012

Game Graphic

This is the game graphic I have designed for our trailer project l have used an image of a clock face on a background I created with a splatter effect brush. I was aiming to make it look like torn paper to go with the game name but I ended up with some kind of stylised stain effect. This works well since I wanted a very old fashioned looking logo to look historical since Saltaire is a world heritage site and should have some historical astheticsa included. I got the idea for using the clock face you find on most bell towers from looking at the local church in Saltaire. I thought about how it would do well to symbolise time in an image which links with what actually happens in the trailer with the time travel aspect.          











  
Joe Lee- I like Joe's logo because of how it includes the two main aspects of the trailer time travel and portals. He has used different shades of the same base colour to make the clock around the portal look stained and aged for a more realistic effect.
Alex J- I like how Alex has used Titus in this image since Titus himself might be the only character included in this trailer. He will be presented in a horror genre like Alex has done with this logo.
Alex E- I do not think this would be well suited as a logo its looks like more of a splash screen to me personally. Though l do like the weather effects because they are also related to the trailer as we plan to have thunder and lightning as a main atmospheric effect in our trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment